The available position is for a Senior Network Engineer (Wireless) to support a long-tenured YNS major enterprise Fortune customer. The candidate will be supporting continent wide WLAN technologies and infrastructures in Germany and surrounding countries. The position will be located on-site in Berlin and includes traveling to customers as part of the requirements of the position.
The Network Engineer Senior (WLAN) will be responsible for the delivery of the wireless network services provided by teams directly supporting the YNS managed network services. As such, the candidate will be supported by a talented cast of technical managers and engineering staff. Additionally, the engineer will be supported by a project management office.
Primary Job Functions:
– Responsible for the success of regional network wireless services. This includes, but is not limited to:
– Configure and support Cisco wireless access points with a strong understanding of wireless controllers
– Perform on-site and utilize wireless tools to perform predictive and post wireless surveys
– Configure, troubleshoot and support Cisco switches (3700, 6500, 4500 series, ASR’s, Nexus 5500 and 7000)
– Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of incidents queues and executing network changes as required during and after business hours.
– Opens and monitor TAC cases with our vendors as required
– Attends various meetings during their shift as well as conducting troubleshooting bridges with peers, vendors and customers
– Ensure timely and accurate communications to the customer are occurring.
– Train and mentor peers and junior level engineers.
– Assist manager in identifying issues and process improvements.
Education / Experience:
– 5+ years as a hands-on network engineer implementing, designing and supporting a large enterprise network is required
– Strong working expertise of WLAN technologies (Controllers, WAPs,ISE,NPS, Cisco Prime and 802.11 fundamentals)
– Advanced working expertise with performing on-site and predicative WLAN surveys
– Advanced working expertise of LAN technologies (HSRP,STP,VLANs. POE and IP-subnetting)
– Good working expertise of EIGRP routing protocols as well as TCP/IP.
– Good working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and specifications
– Experience with corporate change management procedures (design and peer review)
– Understanding of general project planning principles expected
– CCNP Wireless minimum industry certification required (CCIE Wireless preferred)
– Valid B Driving license
via email : email@example.com
Or phone: +49 303 6428580